MURRAY COUNTY JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Parks Maintenance Worker
Murray County is accepting applications for a Parks Maintenance Worker. Hours are typically 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
To obtain an application and a detailed job description, contact Murray County Coordinator’s Office at 507-836-1149 located in the the Courts Building. Applications deadline is 4:30 p.m. on August 9, 2017.
Duties include but not limited to: The purpose of this position is to assist the Parks/Fairgrounds/Aeration Director and to be engaged in development, maintenance, protection, and utilization of county parks, fairgrounds and aeration systems. This position may also assist other departments with special projects and daily activities.
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED and six months related work experience in parks and building maintenance. Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required;
- Knowledge of fabricating with metal (welding and cutting);
- Knowledge of plumbing, operating department tools and equipment;
- Must obtain and be able to maintain: Aeration installation and inspection certification, Chainsaw operations, MSHA safety training, fire extinguisher training, CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne pathogens;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, while able to perform intermediate troubleshooting or analysis of problems;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Salary: $13.64 – $17.06 per hour
Deputy Auditor – Secretary
Murray County is taking applications for a full-time Deputy Auditor – Secretary. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To obtain an application and a detailed job description, contact Murray County Coordinator’s Office at 507-836-1149, located in the Courts Building. Application deadline is July 31, 2017.
Duties include but not limited to: This position provides administrative assistance to the County Auditor-Treasurer. This position is expected to provide high-quality customer service regarding current or delinquent taxes, special assessments, county and judicial ditches and election statutes and procedures. This position assists with tobacco, auctioneer and marriage licenses.
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED and a minimum of one year of post-secondary school or one year experience, or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Valid MN Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment and to communicate effectively with members of the public, and officials or employees from other organizations and departments;
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and make non-routine decisions within established precedents considering Department objectives;
- Must be able to follow Department Guidelines to perform intermediate troubleshooting;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with county officials, co-workers, public and business professionals.
Salary Range: $14.35 -$17.94 per hour
RECYCLING CENTER WORKER
Murray County is taking applications for a part-time Recycling Center Worker. This position is 28 hours per week.
To obtain an application and a detailed job description, contact Murray County Coordinator’s Office, located in the Courts Building. The position is open until filled. First review of applications will be July 12, 2017.
The purpose of this position is to sorting commingled recyclable material into homogeneous bulk shipments; operate conveyor and baler shipment of plastic and paper products; run conveyor and glass crusher to reduce shipping space for different colored glass; maneuver forklifts to unload trailers, move recyclable materials within the building and load trucks; carry out regular preventive maintenance on equipment, which includes minor mechanical repairs on the equipment and building, and ensure an adequate inventory of supplies is maintained; and record weights from a platform scale; communicate with visitors on how to recycle, and complete necessary janitorial services to keep the center clean and orderly.
Qualifications: H.S. Diploma/GED and a valid driver’s license are required. Ability to obtain a forklift certificate within three months.
Salary: $13.64 – $17.06 per hour