Residents are reminded to call the Murray County Sheriff’s office before you burn. You DO NOT need a paper permit.
Call 507-836-6168 and provide your name, address, phone number, section, township and what you will be burning.
FIRE SAFETY AND AIR QUALITY REQUIREMENTS:
- To keep this fire under control and to assume responsibility for all damages and costs that may result from burning done under this permit.
- To attend this fire until completely extinguished.
- Not to burn if there is a practical alternative method for disposal for the material such as clippings or composting.
- To use a clean burning device to start the fire.
- Not to conduct burning during any air quality alert.
- Not to burn paper or cardboard except as provided under Minnesota Statues 17.135.
- To extinguish the fire immediately if this permit is revoked.
- To have this permit available at the burn site for inspection.
- That prevailing wind must be away from nearby occupied buildings.
- That fires will not be allowed to smolder without flames.
PROHIBITED MATERIALS ARE: Oils, rubber, plastics, tires and chemically treated materials such as railroad ties, treated lumber, composite shingles, tar paper, insulation, composition board, sheet rock, wiring, paint, hazardous and industrial solid waste.
VIOLATIONS OF PERMIT CONDITIONS MAY SUBJECT PERMITTEE TO CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL ACTIONS.
REUSE, RECYCLE AND COMPOST