Murray County wants to retain existing providers in the County and add new providers to increase total capacity. To achieve this goal, the County has dedicated $16,000 to grant to new and existing childcare providers.
- Mail completed application to Murray County Economic Development, PO Box 57, Slayton MN 56172 – or – scan it and email it to email@example.com.
- Existing Family Child Care providers may apply for grants of up to $500.
- New Family Child Care providers may apply for grants of up to $750. New providers must be licensed and operating before grant funds will be disbursed.
- New and existing Day Care Centers may apply for grants of up to $1,000. New centers must be licensed and operating before grant funds will be disbursed.
- Grant applications must be submitted and approved before expenses are incurred.
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to licensing and background check fees, training fees, equipment purchases, and building improvements required to obtain or maintain licensing.
- Grant funds will be disbursed for approved expenses after receipts are submitted.
- Up to 2 reimbursement requests may be submitted per approved grant.
- Murray County staff may conduct site visits to verify uses of grant funds.
- Should a grant recipient stop providing child care services in Murray County within 1 year of receiving a grant, 100% of the grant dollars must be paid back to Murray County:
- Grant recipients will be eligible to apply for additional grants one calendar year after receiving the initial grant.
- Grants will be awarded until the fund is depleted.