Veterans Service Office
James Reinert, Director
2500 28th Street
PO Box 57
Slayton, MN 56172
The Office processes a full range of applications for veterans’ benefits, both federal and state, including compensation for service connected disabilities; pensions for veterans, widows and other qualified recipients; educational benefits; G.l. home loans; aid and attendance benefits for veterans and widows in nursing homes; and financial and medical assistance.
The Veterans Service Office acts as a liaison with various service organizations and other related agencies that assume an advocate role on behalf of veterans and their dependents. Advice and guidance is given to applicants and recipients concerning federal and state regulations governing benefits.
The County Veteran Service Office was established by Minnesota Statutes to assist Veterans in securing Benefits provided by law as a result of the service of any member in the Armed Forces of the United States Military.
The Veterans Service Office is located in the Murray County Courthouse and its hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
If you would like more information on the programs and services available, please contact the Murray County Veterans Services office.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Home Loans for Veterans
- US Flag Etiquette
- MN Veterans
- American Legion
- MN American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Burial Benefits
- VA Health Care
- MN Veterans Homes
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- National Cemetery Association
- American Veterans AMVETS
- National Personnel Records Center
- MN Veterans Newsletter
- Mesothelioma Veterans Help
REWARDS SERVICE FOR VETERANS
American Legion, VFW and Auxiliary Posts Click HERE for a printable copy of the list of Local Posts.
- Avoca American Legion: Contact Gary Fiedler, 227-4918
- Avoca Auxiliary: Contact Netty Fiedler 507-760-0675
- Currie American Legion: Contact Rich Luft, 507-763-3831
- Currie Auxiliary: Contact Toni Galvin, 507-222-5220
- Currie Sons of the American Legion: Jim Sweetman, 507-629-3259
- Chandler American Legion: Contact LeRoy Buys, 507-677-2361
- Chandler Auxiliary: Contact Patsy Buys 507-677-2361
- Dovray American Legion: Contact Paul Vosberg 274-5504
- Dovray Auxiliary Contact: Janice Jenkins, 507-360-5651
- Iona VFW Post: Contact Todd Thraen
- Iona Auxiliary: Contact Mary Ann Boock, 507-836-8300
- Fulda American Legion: Contact Steve Magnus, 507-425-3305
- Fulda Auxiliary: Contact Barb Kruger 507-725-2162 or 612-710-1310
- Lake Wilson American Legion: Contact Andrew Edmunson 507-879-3227
- Lake Wilson Auxiliary: Contact Cindy Reese 777-4116
- Slayton American Legion: Contact Brad Pagel, 605-366-3025
- Slayton Auxiliary: Contact Sharon McClure, 763-3844
- Slayton Sons of the American Legion: Contact Brad Pagel, 605-366-3025