NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT AMENDMENTS TO THE MURRAY COUNTY SUBDIVISION ORDINANCE, RENEWABLE ENERGY ORDINANCE, ADULT USE ORDINANCE, ZONING ORDINANCE AND THE MURRAY COUNTY ZONING MAP
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, That on October 22, 2019 the Murray County Board of Commissioners approved to repeal and enact comprehensive amendments to the following Murray County land use Ordinances and Map, effective January 1, 2020:
- Murray County Subdivision Ordinance
- Murray County Renewable Energy Ordinance
- Murray County Adult Use Ordinance
- Murray County Zoning Ordinance
- Murray County Zoning Map
Summary of Amendments: The approved amendments are to make all Murray County land use ordinances and the zoning map consistent with the Murray County Comprehensive Land Use Plan adopted in December 2016. Besides consistency, the ordinances were completely reworked for accessibility compliance, updated and clarification of terms, and to reflect industry and constituent requests.
Some of the specific amendments to each ordinance are follows:
- Subdivision: incorporate current industry standards and require surveys for subdividing land when it involves a building site.
- Renewable Energy: include changes to reflect industry standards and allow for battery storage as part of a renewable energy project.
- Adult Use: completely repeal and incorporate the regulations into the Murray County Zoning Ordinance.
- Zoning: incorporate the Adult Use Ordinance regulations, include MN DNR model ordinance updates for floodplain and shoreland overlay districts, create new overlay districts for Closed Landfill, Airport, and Drinking Water Management Areas, and require inspections/upgrades of septic systems at property transfer.
A complete copy of each amended ordinance is available for review in the Murray County Auditor’s Office and the Murray County Environmental Services Office.
MURRAY COUNTY SUBDIVISION ORDINANCE
MURRAY COUNTY RENEWABLE ENERGY ORDINANCE
MURRAY COUNTY ADULT USE ORDINANCE
MURRAY COUNTY ORDINANCE
MURRAY COUNTY ZONING MAP
Click on the photo for a printable copy of the map