NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT AMENDMENTS TO THE MURRAY COUNTY SUBDIVISION ORDINANCE, RENEWABLE ENERGY ORDINANCE, ADULT USE ORDINANCE, ZONING ORDINANCE AND THE MURRAY COUNTY ZONING MAP
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, That the Murray County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Monday, June 24, 2019 commencing at 7:00 pm, in the County Commissioner’s Meeting Room, Murray County Government Center, Slayton, MN, to take public comment and act on the following:
Applicant: Murray County
Application: This constitutes a notice of an intention to repeal and enact comprehensive amendments to the following Murray County land use Ordinances and Map:
- Murray County Subdivision Ordinance
- Murray County Renewable Energy Ordinance
- Murray County Adult Use Ordinance
- Murray County Zoning Ordinance
- Murray County Zoning Map
A complete copy of each ordinance and all of the proposed changes are available for review in the Murray County Auditor’s Office and the Murray County Environmental Services Office. Copies will also be available with each Murray County Township and City Clerks.
Purpose and Summary: The proposed amendments are to make all the Murray County land use ordinances and the zoning map consistent with the Murray County Comprehensive Land Use Plan adopted in December 2017. Besides consistency, the ordinances are proposed to be completely reworked for accessibility compliance, updates and clarification of terms, and to reflect industry and constituent requests.
Some of the specific amendments to each ordinance are follows:
- Subdivision: incorporate current industry standards and require surveys for subdividing land when it involves a building site.
- Renewable Energy: include changes to reflect industry standards and allow for battery storage as part of a renewable energy project.
- Adult Use: completely repeal and incorporate the regulations into the Murray County Zoning Ordinance.
- Zoning: incorporate the Adult Use Ordinance regulations, include MN DNR model ordinance updates for floodplain and shoreland overlay districts, and create new overlay districts for Closed Landfill, Airport, and Drinking Water Management Areas.
All interested parties are invited to attend. If you are unable to attend, any comments or questions may be submitted in writing by June 17, 2019, to the Murray County Environmental Services Office – PO Box 57, Slayton, MN 56172, or via email to email@example.com.
DRAFT ORDINANCE FOR PUBLIC HEARING
2019 MURRAY COUNTY ADULT USE ORDINANCE REPEAL FOR 06-24-19 PUBLIC HEARING