The County Recorder is the custodian of all records of the county pertaining to property titles and transfers. Records include various forms of deeds, real estate mortgages, liens and attachments, contracts for deed and various other documents presented for recording purposes. We have the responsibility to maintain these records on a permanent basis and make them available to the public. Copies may be obtained at a nominal cost. We accept requests either by mail or in person.
|Evey Larson, County Recorder||507-836-1161|
|Karen Brown, Deputy Recorder||507-836-1162|
Murray County Recorder
2500 28th Street
P.O. Box 57
Slayton, MN 56172-0057
LAND RECORDS – REMOTE ACCESS
The Murray County Recorder’s office is now offering remote access to all the Laredo documents from November 1, 2000 to the present date. Please review the “Remote Access Agreement” and decide which level of service is right for you and your company. The fees will be billed from our office and once you sign up you will be billed for a full month of the level you choose. Vendors may change levels of service from month to month with appropriate notice being given to the Murray County Recorder’s Office. Please call our office number (507-836-1161) for more information or if you have questions.
Click HERE for an application for service.
REWARDS SERVICE FOR VETERANS
The Murray County Recorders Office is a Authorized Passport Acceptance Facility for passport applications.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. To get a passport, you (including minors) must apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility.
How to Obtain Passport
- Complete the application for a US passport, Social Security number is required for this form
- Submit proof of US citizenship (one of the following)
- Certified birth certificate (within the U.S.: issued by your City, County or State of birth)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Present current primary identification:
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Clipped Minnesota Driver’s License with yellow receipt
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents), State Identification Card or Out-of-State Driver’s License (with valid secondary identification)
- Provide a passport that meets quality requirements. Photo services are available at our offices for an additional fee of $15.
- Bring a completed DS-11 application and required payment to apply
- If application is for a child under the age of 16 see How do I get a passport for my child (under 16)
How to Renew a Passport
The U.S. Department of State Passport Services requires you to renew your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew it at our Passport Center.
Pay for a Passport Application
- Determine the appropriate federal fees on the Travel.State.Gov website (a separate check or money order payable to the “US Department of State” is required for the federal portion of the fees).
- Acceptance Facility Execution Fee, photo fees and other related fees must be made by separate check payable to “Murray County” or cash.
Two identical 2″ x 2″ photographs, meeting a variety of specific requirements, are required in order to obtain a passport. These instant passport photos are available at the Murray County Passport Center (Recorders Office) at the Murray County Government Center.
- $15 (includes Minnesota Sales Tax)
- Murray County can accept payment by cash or check
Click our Link for Real Estate Tax Inquiry
- Click Here to View Current Fee Schedule