The University of Minnesota Extension has posted their Summer Intern Positions. The position is hired through the University of Minnesota to work with the Murray County Extension staff. More information and applications can be found using the links below.
University of Minnesota Summer interns
- 4-H Youth Development Summer Intern – U of M StudentsJob Opening ID: 327754
- 4-H Youth Development Summer Intern – Non-U of M StudentsJob Opening ID: 327743
Title: 4-H Youth Development Summer Intern
Capacity/Program Area: Youth Development
Application Deadline: Open until filled, preference given to candidates who apply by January 4th.
Assignment Location: County Extension Offices throughout the state.
Interview Date: Interviews will be held between January 22 – 25, 2019 via WebEx.
LOCATION OF POSITION
4-H Summer Intern positions are located throughout the state and each one is assigned to a county office location. Each intern’s assigned projects will generally be managed in the area surrounding the office location. Much of the intern’s work may take place away from the office location.
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These positions are designed to provide hands-on experience for the intern and at the same time provide Extension Educators and/or County 4-H Program Coordinators with extra needed help during the busy summer season.
4-H Summer Intern positions are contingent on local funding and will vary from 8 to 13 weeks in length. Many positions will begin in early June. Some positions will start at less than full-time and need to flex to full-time during peak periods such as during assigned events or local fairs. An intern will be assigned a project or focus depending on the local need. Some interns may focus on more than one type of project. A sampling of possible project assignments includes and is not limited to:
* Assisting with day and/or resident camps
* Assisting with coordinating county and/or State Fair programs, activities and events
* Assisting regional extension educators and 4-H program coordinators with State Fair registration and planning meetings
* Working with other summer 4-H programs and activities coordinated through a regional center
* Assisting with youth leaders
* Assisting with 4-H membership recruitment
* Assisting with implementing strategies for reaching new audiences or enhancing current programs
* Working with community education programs
* Assisting with media relations
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT